The City of Philadelphia has released a new update on the reopening of parks. You can see details of this reopening here. See below for some specific updates from our friends at Parks and Rec.
- Parks and trails remain open, athletic fields are now open for exercise.
- Starting July 6, Parks & Rec will take permit applications for use of baseball and athletics fields. Games and spectators are not allowed.
- Playgrounds are open for children and household use.
- Parks & Rec’s sprinklers and spraygrounds are open to the public.
- All outdoor athletics courts open as of July 3rd. The hoops that were removed from basketball courts will be reinstalled at 150 sites across the city. Work will be done in an equitable manner.
With the sprayground allowed to reopen, Parks and Rec staff along with the Friends of Mifflin Square and SEAMAAC will work to turn on the sprayground as often as is possible.
As the park becomes more lively and active, it’s important that we all wear a mask and keep working to stop the spread of COVID-19. When visiting Mifflin Square, keep in mind this advice!